Monday, February 28, 2011

Me: Let's get this out of the way

It is kind of a bummer to talk about yourself. When someone asks me to tell them a bit about myself (think interview), I never know where to start. Do I give a life story? Focus on the triumphs over adversity? Make up something more interesting? Ha ha. I am going to give it a shot- if anyone is reading this at least they should know a little about the Holy Housewife!

I am a stay at home mother of three. I spend my days with my daughters, Sofia and Leila, 2 1/2 and 7 months respectively. My stepson, Luke, is a big-time fourth grader. My beautiful husband is a high school Spanish teacher. Together, they are the loves of my life.

In December, I lost my mother to ovarian cancer. The grief is overwhelming at times and I miss her still. I imagine the missing may go on forever. She was one of my very best friends. I guess you could say that now I am a functioning basket case.

Outside of my current feelings of identity crisis, there are, in fact, things that define me. I went to school for fashion design and do consider myself somewhat of a designer/seamstress on the side. My big-deal project right now is a wedding dress for a friend. I think it is going well and can't wait to deliver the final product :). My husband and I love indie music... and I love anything that makes me want to dance. Before I hit my next big milestone birthday I want to take a hip hop dance class and learn to break dance. I am definitely a glass half full person but also seasonally affected...so.. I am glass mostly full from April to December and glass totally empty from January to March. It's March tomorrow so I am pumped about that.

I was raised catholic but departed, if you will, after high school. At college, I went through a very trying "desert time." It was a time in which I felt alone and lonely, and like I didn't fit in with anyone. I missed my family, my friends and who is now my husband. I found a church that was non-denominational and spoke to me in a way that I could hear. Now, God is a huge part of my everyday and I wouldn't want to have it differently. More on this later.

Now you know a little bit about me and we have something to build on. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment