Friday, June 3, 2011

Number 4, baby!


Yesterday, the love of my life, my partner and best friend, my husband Jamie, and I, (man, a lot of commas probably used inappropriately) celebrated 4 years of marriage. The girls and I took a bouquet of flowers to him at school during lunch. We intended on bringing him some fresh fruit also but, because I have two kids and not enough hands for anything else, I dropped all but 2 chunks of pineapple in the parking lot. So, I actually brought him a bouquet of flowers and 2 chunks of pineapple. Happy Anniversary!

Four years ago I had just graduated college and was preparing for my wedding three weeks later. Our wedding was beautiful and I have very few regrets (only about a tablecloth mix-up and something else I can't remember now). It was outdoors in a rose garden and the sun was shining. It almost rained and then it didn't. The ceremony was short but sweet and God was there with us. My mom walked me down the aisle as she has always been both mom and dad to me. The reception went by so fast. I remember dancing and eating a little- we had a tex-mex buffet. I am still hearing about the tex-mex buffet. We did our wedding our way and on a budget and it was awesome.

It is amazing how quickly the time has flown by but how long it feels. So much has changed. Twelve days after our first anniversary we welcomed our first child, Sofia. A month after our third anniversary last year we welcomed our second child, Leila. Mom fell ill last fall and passed in December.  Life looks all different now but we press on, together. I am so thankful to have someone to press-on with.

To my dearest Jamie:

I love laughing with you, staying up too late to watch ACL or SNL, holding your hand in the car, our dates to Target and Chipotle, sharing a love for books, paper and writing utensils and summers together. What a time we have had darling! But like we always say, at least we can experience life's adventures together, good or bad. I wouldn't trade my traveling buddy for anything. I think you are beautiful and we are going to make it. Thank you for being my rock and my heart, my love and everything I need. I love you more today than I have ever before. Happy Anniversary, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment