Sunday, June 19, 2011

Toddler-ese


Sofia being totally silly, like usual
My darling daughter Sofia really had us going the other day. Luke was doing some reading, my husband Jamie was at the computer and I was sitting on the floor folding laundry when Sofia comes in and tells me she lost her "crama." Here is how it went down:

Sofia: Momma, I lost my crama.

Me: Your Grandma? Grandma Judy? Yea, honey, she is in heaven, remember?

Sofia: No, not my Grandma, my crama.

Me: Your crayon?

Luke: Sofia, what did you lose?

Sofia: My crama, I don't know where it is!

Luke: Your crayon?

Sofia: No!

Luke: (odd look to me) Your Grandma?

Sofia: No!

Me: (Luke and I ready to bust out laughing anytime) Your cranberry?

Sofia: NO! My CRAMA! Can you help me find it?

Jamie: (to Luke and I) Will you guys quit?

Me: (to Sofia) Honey, I am sorry but I don't understand you. What color is your "crama?"

Sofia: It is pink and has princesses on it.

Me: Where did you have it last?

Sofia: I don't know!

Luke: (getting a total kick out of this toddler-ese) What's it called again? (snicker) Your crayon?

Sofia: It's my CRAMA!

Eventually we just had to let it go because we really had no idea what she was talking about. A day later she comes up to me and says "I found it, momma!".....

It was her CAMERA the whole time! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment