Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings


I love that it's a new year.

If you have had the undeniably amazing opportunity to follow any of this blogventure (blog+adventure... I tried) you know that last year was something else for me. It was filled with grief, hurt, unbearable sadness, emptiness, anxiety, depression and all those other great life things. It's no wonder why I was looking forward to a new beginning.

Some argue that there is no difference between December 31st at 11:59pm and January 1st at 12am. For me, there is a clear break. In my mind I get a new chance, a fresh start- and who can't use one of those?

For this year, I am devoted to being better. A better wife and mother. A better friend. A better worker. That also means that I am devoted to intentional time with my kids and taking more dates with my darling husband. I get to be slow to anger and quick (er) to forgive. I am vowing to not procrastinate when someone asks me to hem a pair of pants. I am saying yes to more messages of encouragement to people who encourage me. It's a package. It's not just about me saying I am going to eat healthier, it's about the bigger picture of being able to see my children walk down the aisle one day or bounce my grandchild on my knee.

It's time to live for the bigger picture. I think I am ready.

A blessed New Year to you and yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment