Monday, July 25, 2011

Guilty pleasures

I have never really compiled a list of these things before but I thought it might be fun to name a few and highlight my imperfections a bit more. Yay- just what I need!

1. Soda pop. I frickin' love a soda on occasion. When I can get past the feeling that I am adding to my cancer risk by drinking it and just enjoy myself, it is awesome! Fountain soda, foam cup, plastic cup, can, bottle. In that order and always with ice. So weird.

2. Hip-hop music. I really still just want to be a back-up dancer in a hip-hop video, just once. I love to dance and if I am aiming to get pumped for something (sometimes even church on sunday- eeeek!) I might listen to a bit. Pitbull, Black Eyed Peas, Outkast, Kanye West, Missy Elliot. In that order. There are others.

3. Junk food in general. Or more specifically, McDonald's fries, chocolate anything, Redvine licorice, iced coffee, and when I really don't care if I die tomorrow, something called a "pizza puff" from the local fast greek food place. I do pretty well. I haven't had a pizza puff in years, the iced coffee has a pound of sugar and makes me feel jittery, the Redvine licorice and it's Red 40 dye freaks me out a bit, and the fries and their harmful used and reused oils give me the heebies. But every now and then.

4. Transformers and Disney movies. I love them. When my daughter watches Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast, she asks me to be quiet because I am singing too loud. Just in case you are wondering: Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Toy Story(s), Aladdin, and Cinderella. Tonight we watched Revenge of the Fallen (Transformers 2) and decided that I can't get over cars and change into super-fantastic alien robots and fight each other. Here we go: Optimus Prime, Bumble Bee, Jetfire, Devastator.

5. Writing poetry. I love doing it but I have little time to get into poetry mode. It's usually pretty raw and untamed. Might rhyme, might not. Definitely uses appropriate language for whatever I am trying to convey- good or bad. No list of favorite poets here- sorry!

More on my inner workings another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment