Friday, May 13, 2011

A little less wise today

A couple of weeks ago, my impacted wisdom tooth on the lower left side of my mouth flared up. I have had this happen before but it was never this painful. It hurt terribly and the flare up lasted for 5 days- yuck.

I eventually called my dentist and talked to them about the next steps. I am always hesitant to get anything done to my mouth due to a bad experience I had when I was very young. I had this dentist who was enormous (especially due to the fact that I was like, 4 years old!) and had hands that looked like he just got done working on his car before he came into his real job. Yuck. And he didn't wear gloves. It took me like 10 years to get back to the dentist after that.

My dentist, which I love now, referred me to a local oral surgeon. I proceeded to make some calls to the oral surgeon and the insurance company. It was a combination of terrible customer service, waiting time, a whole lot of muzak, and confusion over all that left me in tears. After several more terrible interactions with the oral surgeon, I just wasn't feeling it anymore and asked for a new referral.

I found a new place and today, I had my extraction.

I had my teeth out at 9am and just looked at my watch at 12:49pm and wondered where the last almost 4 hours of my life went. How did I get home? When did I go out? When did my husband do lunch with the girls?

I kind of look like a chipmunk but at least chipmunks are cute :) My beautiful husband just made a special trip to the local Smoothie King to get my Lemon Twist with Strawberry smoothie. It hit the spot for sure. On to recovery....

No comments:

Post a Comment