Saturday, April 2, 2011

Conversations with Cinderella

Yesterday my girls and I were in Sofia's room playing. Sofia picks up the Cinderella princess pretend cell phone and begins having a lengthy conversation with her. Then, apparently Cindy wanted to talk to me. We had a nice chat then I gave the phone back to Sofia saying that Cinderella wanted to talk to her again, you know the drill. It is fun to play pretend. A little while later she takes the phone to dad and tells him that Cinderella wants to talk to him. Here was their conversation:

Dad: Hey Cinderella, what's up?
-pause-
Dad: I'm going poop.
-pause-
Dad: No, Sofia went poop yesterday. Do you go poop?
-pause-
Dad: You do? Well, that's good.
-pause-
Dad: Nice talkin' to ya, Cinderella. Good bye.

I had to crack up at the sweet disfunctionality that is budding in my family.

Later that day, Sofia told me that the phone was for me. Cindy. Again. I figured I better brush up on my pretend talk if I am going to keep up with dad. It went like this:

Mom: Hey, Cinderella. What's going on, lady?
-pause-
Mom: Sure, we would love to. Great idea!
-pause-
 Mom: No, we don't have a pair of glass slippers.
-pause-
Mom: Shoe shopping! Cinderella, you read my mind!
-pause-
Mom: Yup, ok. We will meet you there! Bye!

I wonder if Jamie bought it when I told him that Sofia and I were leaving to meet Cindy at the mall? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment