Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dressmaking hiatus

Uh, I think that is how you spell "hiatus"...

It has been, like, a week since I last posted. It's a total bummer. As it turns out I have been burning the midnight oil working on a friend's wedding dress. I think it is coming along nicely and I will be glad when I can hand it over to her and eventually watch it walk down the aisle. I made my wedding dress and quite a few other garments in the past but never any with two young children (including one that isn't a fan of sleep), in the wake of my mother's passing and about 8 hours of "free time" per week. This might be a good place to note that during my "free time" I have the choice of cleaning the house, sewing or sleeping. Regardless, I am going to make it. And she will be beautiful!

A little sneak peek!
This picture is of the fitting garment. The bride is really excited about the fabric flowers and so we are doing it up. I hope to post soon about how to make them. They are very fun and super easy to make.... unless you are hand sewing 27 of them... no, really, it is actually pretty therapeutic :)

When it is finished and the bride gives me the OK, I will post more. I am almost there. I think I can, I think I can,

I KNOW I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment