Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dancing with Jesus

My mom, Sofia and I- 2009
It's been almost 4 months since my mom passed away. I still can't believe it. I keep wondering when the hurt will go away and I won't feel like I am putting on a pretty face for people- when I will feel "normal" again. I still miss her so much. I try not to think about it because it hurts still like an open wound.

Last night I was putting my daughter to bed. We did the usual prayers and at the end I asked if there was anyone else we should pray for. She said "Grandma Judy!" It makes my heart smile that at only under 3 years old she still remembers my mom and brings her up often. Here is how it progressed:

Me: We should pray for our friend across the street too because her mommy went to heaven today, like Grandma Judy.

Sofia: Grandma Judy is in heaven (she pronounces it like heanen)?

Me: Yea, she is in heaven.

Sofia: (thoughtful) God and Jesus and Jonah are gonna keep Grandma Judy in heaven.

Me: Yea....

Sofia: (still thoughtful) Grandma Judy dances with Jesus.

Me: I hope she does!

I foresee Mother's Day to be a challenge this year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment