Friday, April 22, 2011

National poetry month

If you had no idea, April is National Poetry Month. For two years now, my best friend of 13 years, Kirstin has encouraged me to write one poem a day. Last year I was all for it and almost made the goal of one per day.  This year, I wrote my first one yesterday. Ug. I am sorry Kirstin. Can we extend into May?

I wrote another one tonight at dinner for our waitress:

There once was a waitress named Grace
Who had a big smile on her face
She brought us good pizza
It was so nice to meet-ha (her)
We will surely come back to this place!

We ate at a local restaurant called Toscani, downtown and it was super yummy. They had paper over their table clothes and gave my daughter some crayons to color on it with. The paper table cloth is actually where this work of poetry was composed.... I hope it brightened her day. Sometimes the littlest things can make all the difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment